Meet Dr. Spinnickie
Dr. Spinnickie completed his Orthopaedic Residency training at Stanford University Medical Center in Palo Alto, California. He also received his subspecialty fellowship training at Stanford in Orthopaedic Trauma and Reconstruction of the Hip and Pelvis.
He was a graduate of the very competitive 7 year accelerated BA-MD program offered at Robert Wood Johnson Medical School and Rutgers University in New Brunswick, NJ.
Dr. Spinnickie has had extensive experience performing the Anterior Approach Hip Replacement at the resident, fellow and attending level since 2002. He is one of only a few surgeons in NJ who regularly performs the Anterior Approach Hip Replacement. He was the first to perform this method on the PROfx table at Morristown Hospital and is currently the only surgeon at Morristown offering this method on the PROfx table.
Education and Training:
- Board Certification in Orthopaedic Surgery - 2009
- Fellowship Subspecialty Training (Ortho Trauma and Hip/Pelvic Reconstruction) - Stanford University 2006-2007
- Residency Training (Orthopaedic Surgery) Stanford University 2001-2006
- Medical School – Robert Wood Johnson Medical School - Class of 2001
- Undergraduate - Rutgers College (New Brunswick, NJ) – Class of 1998
Stanford University Medical Center (Palo Alto, CA)Subspecialty Fellowship Training:
- This fellowship focused on the treatment of orthopaedic fractures and trauma and specifically, complex trauma and reconstruction of the hip, pelvis and acetabulum. During that year, Dr. Spinnickie also received extensive training in both performing the Anterior Approach Hip Replacement and use of the PROfx and HANA tables for hip replacement and treatment of pelvic fractures.
Orthopaedic Residency Training:
- During his residency training, Dr. Spinnickie received extensive training in surgical technique and patient care in every subspecialty of orthopedic surgery including: Joint replacement, Trauma, Pediatric Ortho, Tumor surgery, Spine, Foot and Ankle surgery and Hand surgery. He performed over 500 hip, knee and shoulder replacements during his residency and had the benefit of exposure and training in the Anterior Approach Hip Replacement throughout.
- As a major referral center for joint replacement and hip and pelvic trauma, Stanford University Medical Center was equipped with both a PROfx and HANA table on which residents receive extensive training and familiarity.
Robert Wood Johnson Medical School – UMDNJ Rutgers College, Rutgers University (New Brunswick, NJ)Accelerated 7 year BAMD program
- This program allows students to earn their bachelors degree and MD in 7 years, rather than the usual eight years. It is designed for high-achieving premedical students of Rutgers University. Accepted students are expected to complete all Rutgers requirements during their junior year. In their senior year, students start taking the complete first year curriculum at RWJ Medical School. This program is very strict and highly competitive. Dr. Spinnickie was one of only 15 students accepted his year out of hundreds of applicants.
12/29/2011 : Dr. Anthony Spinnickie (Orthopedic Surgeon) gives a lecture to nursing and physical therapy staff on the Anterior Approach Hip Replacement. Dr. Spinnickie operates out of Morristown Medical Center in Morristown, NJ.
01/09/2012 : Dr. Anthony Spinnickie (Orthopaedic Surgeon) gives a talk to the Cedar Knolls Senior Club (Parsippany, NJ) entitled: "Hip Arthiritis: Treatment Options and the Anterior Approach Hip Replacement".